How do little kids get nerve irritation?
Nerve irritations (or vertebral subluxations) occur as a part of normal daily life. They may result from physical, chemical and emotional stressors or ‘insults’ to our health, such as bad posture, prolonged postures, sleeping on our stomachs, knocks and falls, poor food choices, dehydration, exposure to chemicals and toxins, and stress and anxiety. Some research suggests that even before these lifestyle stressors have an impact, nerve irritation may occur in the uterus from awkward positioning, restriction of movement, and exposure to toxins. Subluxations or nerve irritation may also occur from birth complications such as long labors, very fast labors, or forceps or caesarean delivery.
While research to support how effective chiropractic for children is not yet extensive, parental satisfaction with results achieved is compelling in its own right.
While more research into the benefits of chiropractic for babies and children is needed, chiropractic for little people has been shown to be gentle, safe and effective. Babies can be checked by chiropractors very soon after birth and special techniques have been developed to carefully correct any subluxated areas. When we appreciate how the nervous system may be hindered and impaired it makes sense why more parents are having their child’s spine and nervous system assessed.
10 reasons parents take their children to a chiropractor:
1. To encourage good neural plasticity (brain and nerve development).
2. To support their child’s overall health and wellbeing.
3. To help strengthen their child’s immunity and potentially reduce the incidence of colds, ear-aches and general illness.
4. To assist with colic and Irritable Baby Syndrome.
5. To help with asthma, breathing difficulties and allergies.
6. To encourage good spinal posture.
7. To help improve their child’s ability to concentrate.
8. To assist with behavioral disorders.
9. To help alleviate digestive problems.
10. To assist with bed-wetting and sleep issues.
Your child’s health is their greatest asset. I urge you to explore all possibilities you have to strengthen your child’s health.